- To promote Muslim women’s identity in the Canadian context.
- To assist Muslim women to gain an understanding of their rights, responsibilities and roles in Canadian society.
- To promote and encourage understanding and interfaith dialogue between Muslims and other faith communities.
- To contribute to Canadian society the knowledge, life experiences and ideas of Muslim women for the benefit of all.
- To strengthen the bonds of sisterhood among the Muslim communities and among Muslim individuals.
- To stimulate Islamic thinking and action among Muslim women in the Canadian setting.
- To acknowledge and respect the cultural differences among Canadian Muslim women, and to recognize and develop our common cultural heritage.
- To promote a better understanding of Islam and the Islamic way of life in the North American setting.
- To represent Canadian Muslim women at national and international forums.
- To encourage the organization and coordination of Muslim women’s organizations across Canada.
Yet most importantly, reflecting the principles and spirit of the Canadian Charter of Rights of Freedoms, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), the Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, and the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.