All Canadian Muslim women are treated equitably and equally and are empowered in Canadian society.
Our mission is to affirm our identity as Canadian Muslim women and promote an understanding of our lived experiences through community engagement, research, influence public policy and strive for positive change.
- We are guided by the Quranic message of God’s mercy and justice, and of the equality of all persons, and that each person is directly answerable to God.
- We value a pluralistic society; foster the goal of strength and diversity within a unifying vision and the values of Canada. Our identity of being Muslim women and of diverse ethnicity and race is integral to being Canadian.
- As Canadians, we abide by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the law of Canada.
- We believe in the universality of human rights, which means equality and social justice, with no restrictions or discrimination based on gender or race.
- We are vigilant in safeguarding and enhancing our identity and our rights to make informed choices.
- We acknowledge that CCMW is one voice amongst many who speak on behalf of Muslim women and that there are others who may represent differing perspectives
Yet most importantly, reflecting the principles and spirit of the Canadian Charter of Rights of Freedoms, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), the Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, and the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.