The Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW) is pleased to invite nominations for the 2017 Muslim “Women Who Inspire” Fundraiser and Awards brunch. The initiative was launched in 2007, to recognize Canadian Muslim women who have made a difference in the lives of other people in Canada and/ or abroad. The awards are now part of CCMW’s regular activities. At least one of the honouress will be 30 years of age or younger.
A Muslim woman who:
- is a Canadian Muslim woman living in Canada. Her work may have made a difference within or outside of Canada.
- demonstrates a commitment to improving the lives of others.
- demonstrates a commitment to women’s equality.
- has participated in grassroots activism or demonstrated a commitment to civic engagement.
- is not a current CCMW national board or staff member.
- All questions must be answered.
- A resume of the nominee must be submitted.
- Nominators will be asked to present the awards to the nominess at the “Women Who Inspire” Fundraiser and Awards Brunch.
- Nominations not submitted as per the guidelines may be disqualified.
- The selection committee will comprise representatives of CCMW’s board, chapter members, and members of the broader community.
- Nominations will be assessed against the criteria questions.
The deadline date is May 29, 2017.
Award recipients will be announced early Fall 2017.
Access the online nomination application form here.
Should you have any questions, you can contact CCMW at email@example.com.