- Dr. Aboulnasr has received many accolades, including the Order of Ontario and the Ottawa-Carleton YWCA Women of Distinction Award
- Farida Chishti, P.E. I. writer and producer of diversity and interfaith educational materials, athlete and manager of the Canada Winter Games table-tennis team
- Farrah Khan, social worker and counsellor at Torontos Barbra Schlifer Clinic, community activist since childhood and co-founder of a grassroots Muslim womens arts collective, Aqsazine
- Henna Khawja, self-described feminist and client-care counsellor at Shepell-fgi, co-founder of NUSAYbah Project, which aims to provide young Muslim women with the opportunity to define themselves through dialogue and art
- Dr. Nevin Reda, key player in establishing the Canadian Certificate in Muslim Studies at Emmanuel College , University of Toronto, writes extensively about Muslim women’s leadership in the religious sphere, including a hotly debated paper on women-led prayers in which she cites examples from the early days of Islam.