- Erum Afsar, an engineer by profession, as General Supervisor, expanded City of Edmonton’s LRT system and remains the consummate advocate for women’s equality. She is currently championing the creation of a childcare centre for employees of the City of Edmonton.
- Mumtaz Ebrahim, adult educator, entrepreneur, grassroots activist and adventurer, climbed Mt. Kilamanjaro; completed her MBA after raising her children and has been active with CCMW since its inception in 1982.
- Jamelie Hassan, renowned national and international artist; winner of the Governor General’s Award in Visual and Media Arts.
- Almas Jiwani, President of UN Women National Committee of Canada; received many honours, including the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal and the Governor General’s Caring Award.
- Fanta Ongoiba, Ontario’s preeminent African AIDS activist, under her leadership at Africans in Partnership against AIDS (APAA) expanded education and outreach to Muslim populations and has brought understanding to Muslim communities on HIV/AIDS, acceptance of sexual diversity and tolerance for LGBT populations.
- Fatima Sajan, fundraiser par excellence, at the Humber River Hospital Foundation, secured $200,000 in staff gifts and $250,000 for major gifts. Fatima inspires young women by her example.