- Identifies the educational, health care, labour and social needs of immigrant and refugee women and women of colour and initiates the development of programs and services to meet those needs.
- Pools and facilitates the sharing of community resources that are used to develop programs and services for women from these communities.
- Provides a forum for information sharing and acts as a support group for immigrant and refugee women and women of colour communities.
- Engages in social and political action related to the needs of women in these communities.
- Works in coalition and builds alliance among different women of colour and immigrant and refugee women’s communities and between these communities and mainstream organizations and movements.
- Politicizes mainstream organizations and movements on the interests and issues affecting these communities and builds political support for the demands and struggles of women of colour and immigrant and refugee women.
Home > Women Working with Immigrant Women, 1974-2002